- You can change your username in Windows 11 for any accounts you have.
- For local accounts, open Control Panel and change the account name to User accounts.
- If you have a Microsoft account, open Settings and go to Accounts; Find your account and use the Manage button to open the account webpage.
Windows 11 (along with older versions of Windows like Windows 10) makes it easy to change the username associated with all the accounts you use in Windows. You can do this whether you use a local account or sign in with a Microsoft account, although the steps are different.
How to change the username of a local account in Windows 11
1. start this switch panel. To do this, click beginning button and type “control panel”. click switch panel When you see it in search results.
2. click users accounts.
3. click Change account type.
4. in which Select the user you want to change In the section, click on the account with the username you want to change.
5. click Change the account name.
6. Enter the new name and tap changing the name.
How to change your username for a Microsoft account in Windows 11
1. Click on beginning button and then click Settings.
2. In the navigation pane on the left, click accounts.
3. click Email accounts.
4. in which Accounts used by other apps In the section, click Your Microsoft account, then click Management.
5. Your Microsoft account page should open in a web browser. Click at the top of the page your information.
6. Click at the top Edit names.
7. Make changes to your name, then tap save on computer.
Read the original article on Business Insider
Source site – 19