- Her lawyer said that an employee at Robb Elementary School did not leave the door open before the massacre.
- The anonymous employee’s attorney told the San Antonio Express News that the door is locked.
- Authorities earlier claimed that the door was open and the gunman used it to enter the school.
Her lawyer said a staff member at Robb Elementary School did not leave the door open to the building before the fatal shooting in Ovaldi last week, refuting previous allegations by authorities as the department faces a backlash over its shifting history surrounding the massacre.
Attorney Don Flannari told San Antonio Express news reporter Guillermo Contreras Tuesday that the unidentified writer pushed a door to the school, but closed it when she saw the gunman, who eventually entered and killed 19 children and two adults on May 24.
Flannery told Express-News that the employee remembers kicking away and pulling the rocks used to keep the door open while talking to police about the gunman who opened fire outside the school.
“She remembers closing the door while telling 911 he shot,” he told the newspaper. “I thought the door would shut because the door was always supposed to be closed.”
Texas Department of Public Safety Director Stephen McCraw claimed Friday that security footage showed the school’s back door was open before the shooting and that the gunman used it to enter the school before barricading himself in a classroom.
McCro described the person who opened the door as a teacher who said he called the police at 11:30 that morning after the gunman drove into a nearby ditch and started shooting at passersby.
Three minutes later, McCro said the shooter entered the school through the door.
The Texas Department of Public Safety did not immediately respond to the teacher’s allegations.
Since last week’s mass shooting in Ovaldi – the nation’s deadliest elementary school since Sandy Hook in 2012 – law enforcement officials have made critical changes to the attack’s schedule at least a dozen times.
Angry parents wondered why it took the officers at the school more than an hour to confront the shooter; The latest statement from the Texas Police Department pointed the finger at the school’s police chief, who led the response and allegedly refused to send Macro to the police because he believed no children were in danger.
Read the original article on Insider
Source site 18